What ~NOT~ To Wear!
What To Wear!
Photo Session Tips
What to Wear
- Matching is out... Coordinating is in!
- We know your family is together, you're in the photos together. Wearing the same colored shirt, pants, shoes, etc. looks awkward.
- Coordinating color is what really brings wardrobe together.
- Choose two to three main colors of wardrobe, and maybe one accent pop of color.
- Also, mixing stripes with plaids and tweeds is okay! Expression is important…
- We want to see your personality through your wardrobe.
- NO fluorescents or bright colors.
- Fluorescent colors will overtake the photo and DO NOT look good in photos. No bright pinks, purples, etc.
- Neutrals, earth tones and subtle colors photograph best.
- Mustard Yellow &
- Maroon are a great place to start.
- Start with one outfit that you really like.
- From there, build it for everyone else.
- We recommend no more than 2 outfits
- The one you arrive in, and 1 change
- If you would like to wear an additional outfit, realize that this will have an impact on the amount of time we are able to spend shooting.
- Make sure your outfits are something that can be easily changed into at our chosen location.
- Bring props!
- Hats, jackets, sports equipment,
- A Bike, motorcycle, a chair, balloons, fresh flowers,
- or anything you can possibly think of that tells the story of you.
- This isn't required, but it sure is tons of fun
Makeup and Glasses
- Apply your makeup like you normally would.
- Please also pack the basics and bring them with you on the shoot in case you need a quick touch up.
- Guys & Girls: Be sure to moisturize your lips before your photo shoot.
- Dry, cracked lips are really hard to touch up later in the pictures.
- If you wear glasses, they could reflect light and cause glare and shadows across your eyes.
- We don't want you to have to change the way you look, so you might consider talking to your optometrist. Most eye doctors have a spare pair of frames without glass you can borrow for your session.
- Be sure to bring some things to do quick fixes to your hair between locations (hair spray, brush, comb, etc)
- If your hair is very long, you might want to bring some clips, bobby pins, hair bands, or cute head bands to pull your hair back if it starts bugging you or if you just want to change up your look.
Day Of Your Session
- PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE!!
- We usually have several photo shoots scheduled each day and starting one session late will throw off the whole schedule.
- If you think you will be running late, please call and let me know as soon as possible.
- We can carry around your small items for you like purse, phone, and makeup in our photo gear cart.
- We want your hands free and for you to feel relaxed during the session.
- Have fun!
- We'll take care of making you look fantastic so don't worry about a thing.
- We realize most people are not used to being in front of a camera, so we’ll be there giving you plenty of direction.
- Sometimes we might actually have you pose a certain way.
- Other times we might ask you to do something natural.
- Remember that you don't always have to sit like a stone statue or grin into the camera lens all the time.
- Do whatever feels most natural to you.
- MOST IMPORTANT... HAVE FUN!!!